30th Annual Fall Plant Sale
October 19 and 20
10 am – 4 pm
- Larabee and Benefactor Society Members Only Pre-Sale: October 19, Early Access at 8 am. Members at basic levels may renew early and upgrade to the $125 Steward level to enjoy access to the best selection. To renew by phone call 760/ 436–3036 x217.
- Members Only Pre-Sale, all levels: October 19, 9 – 10 am
Plant donations from over 100 local growers, wholesalers, retail nurseries, and individuals make this one of the most interesting and diverse plant sales of San Diego County. Plant selections include California natives, cacti, succulents, bromeliads, fruit trees, and sub-tropicals. As an added bonus, if you spend over $100 you will receive 2 guest passes to the Garden! Visit our Botanic Attic for garden-related items. Also be sure to check out our huge selection of used books and homemade goodies such as specialty jellies. Enjoy an opportunity drawing and the popular sit-down Bakery Shoppe, which serves cakes, cookies, pies, and coffee.
Cost: Free with admission or membership.
Help Make the Plant Sale a Success
The success of our plant sale depends upon the generosity of members from the community. You can help in the following ways:
- To donate plants or gently used garden-related items, to help underwrite the event, or participate in set-up on October 15 – 19, please contact Stacy Gaudet at 760/ 207–4259 or email@example.com.
- Again this year, the Bakery Shoppe will be in the Ecke Building. Stop by and relax with a treat while you attend the Fall Plant Sale. As always, we need cakes and pies to sell by the slice or large cookies. Please bring your baked goods to the Ecke Building on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. If you have any questions call Thelma Montag at 760/ 436–4601. Thank you for your help. We look forward to impressing you with our selections.
- Let your surplus books rejoin the world’s circulation. We sell all kinds of books (fiction and non-fiction, hard cover, soft cover, pocket, and audio), magazines, cassettes, CDs, VHS movies, and DVDs. Bring your donations to the the Administrative Offices during regular business hours (9 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday) and we will put them in the sale. Please do not bring encyclopedias or Reader’s Digest condensed books as they do not sell.
All supporters who contribute a minimum of $200 in cash, plant material valued at $200, or help at least 20 hours with the set-up will be invited to attend a special VIP Pre-Sale/ Wine and Cheese Reception, followed by an exciting live auction that features unusual collector plants.
Thank you for your support.