THE GARDEN IS NOW OPEN
TO BOTH SDBG MEMBERS & GENERAL PUBLIC!
We are pleased to be able to reopen San Diego Botanic Garden based upon guidelines for operation during the COVID-19 pandemic as required by County, State and Federal authorities.
As we reopen this place of rest, comfort, healing and rejuvenation, we ask that you help us keep the Garden a safe and healthy place for all by reviewing our Visitor Information & Safety Guidelines (below) prior to your visit.
DAYS & HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Wednesday – Sunday
- 10 am – 5 pm
- Closed on Monday and Tuesday
- Free Tuesdays for San Diego County Residents has been suspended until further notice
ADMISSION & TICKETING – FOR GARDEN MEMBERS & GENERAL PUBLIC
- All tickets for entry must be pre-purchased online
- All reservations for entry for Garden members must be made online in advance of visit
- NO WALK-UP ENTRY FOR EITHER THE GENERAL PUBLIC OR GARDEN MEMBERS
- NO ONE will be admitted to the Garden without proof of online payment/registration/reservations
- NO cash will be taken at the Garden
- BE SURE TO HAVE YOUR TICKET ON YOUR CELL PHONE OR PRINTED OUT TO DISPLAY AT TIME/DATE OF ADMISSION
To make your reservations and purchase tickets online, click here:
GARDEN ENTRY LOCATION & PARKING:
ENTRY TO THE GARDEN WILL BE LOCATED AT THE DICKINSON FAMILY EDUCATION CONSERVATORY ONLY
- For map and directions, click here
- Entry is located across the street from the San Dieguito Heritage Ranch (on the corner of Ecke Ranch Road & Quail Gardens Drive)
- One-way directional paths throughout the Garden are clearly marked. For Garden map click here.
PARKING FOR THE GARDEN WILL BE LOCATED AT THE DICKINSON FAMILY EDUCATION CONSERVATORY AS WELL AS THE SAN DIEGUITO HERITAGE MUSEUM AT THE CORNER OF ECKE RANCH ROAD & QUAIL GARDENS DRIVE
- For map and directions, click here
- Parking is free
VISITOR SAFETY GUIDELINES:
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT THE GARDEN:
- Bring your own hand sanitizer, facemasks or face coverings, bottled water, sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes, hat and snacks - The Feel Good Coffee Cart and Gift Shop are currently closed
- Per San Diego County Department of Health, everyone age 2+ should have their face coverings with them at all times and MUST put them on when within 6 feet of individuals not in their immediate family
- NO one over 2 years old will be allowed into the Garden without a face covering. Everyone ages 2+ must wear their face covering within 6' of other visitors.
- Shuttle service is not currently available
- Wheel chairs are temporarily unavailable
- Please make sure everyone in your party is able to walk up and down several grades comfortably as our property has several hills
- IF YOU HAVE MOBILITY ISSUES, please contact the Garden BEFORE making your online reservations:
- Please Note: Restrooms are available adjacent to the Hamilton’s Children’s Garden and behind the Gift Shop. Restrooms are cleaned and sanitized every 2 hours
WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE GARDEN:
- Please arrive at your designated time
- Practice social distancing as you make your way to and through our Welcome Center at the Dickinson Family Education Conservatory
- Please be prepared to have your admission tickets scanned (either from your cell phone or a printed copy)
- Please enjoy your time out in our big, beautiful Garden safely
DURING YOUR VISIT IN THE GARDEN:
- Please stay on the guided path during your visit
- Please maintain social distancing guidelines from guests at the Garden outside of your immediate family members
- Please enjoy seating on our benches (2-3 family members at a time) scattered throughout the Garden
- Please DO NOT gather in groups on the Gazebo Lawn or in other areas in the Garden
- Please follow any instructions Garden Staff may ask you to adhere to for your safety and the safety of others
- Our Hamilton Children’s Garden and Seeds of Wonder children’s areas are temporarily closed (per CDC guidelines)
- Our Gift Shop, Plant Shop and Feel Good Coffee cart, and other indoor areas are temporarily closed
- Please bring your own water, hats, sunscreen and snacks to enjoy in the Garden
SDBG Service Animal/Pet Policy
- Due to the sensitive nature of many plants in our collection, PETS OF ANY KIND ARE NOT ALLOWED in the Garden
- SERVICE ANIMALS, as defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), ARE WELCOMED in the Garden
- “A service animal is defined as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The task(s) performed by the dog must be directly related to the person’s disability.” – ADA definition
- Service Animals must be harnessed, leashed or tethered, unless these devises interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal or other effective controls.
- If a Service Animal is out of control and the handler does not take effective action to control it, SDBG staff may request that the animal be removed from the premises, per ADA guidelines.
- Please abide by these Service Animal policies in the Garden
- Emotional support, therapy, comfort or companion animals are NOT ALLOWED in the Garden and per the ADA are NOT considered Service Animals
- “These terms are used to describe animals that provide comfort just by being with a person. Because they have NOT been trained to perform a specific job or task, they DO NOT qualify as service animals under the ADA.” – ADA definition
- It is ILLEGAL under California law to leave an animal unattended in a vehicle under conditions that endanger the animal (California Penal Code Section 597.7).
- Visitors to the Garden are NOT ALLOWED to bring their pets and leave them unattended in their vehicles at any time.
- All violators WILL BE REPORTED to the authorities and will result in expulsion from the Garden.
- For more information on ADA Service Animal guidelines, please visit: https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.html
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email or call us:
Thank you for making the Garden a beautiful and safe place for all to visit. We look forward to seeing you in the Garden!